VALENCIA, Pa. - The Redhawks came out victorious this evening in their final home match of the season against conference opponent Pitt Greensburg at the Lakevue Athletic Complex. Tonight is the second win this year decided by a single match, La Roche has won both times (9/28 vs Juniata: 5-4).
Final: La Roche: 5, Pitt Greensburg: 4
- Singles: La Roche: 3, Pitt Greensburg: 3
- Doubles: La Roche: 2, Pitt Greensburg: 1
Records: La Roche (3-6, | AMCC: 2-5), Pitt Greensburg (1-9 | AMCC: 0-6)
- Junior Alexandra Mroczkowski collected her 4th straight win at fourth singles tonight 6-1, 6-2 to improve to 5-2 at the position on the year.
- Senior Rochelle Selzer dropped her second straight three game set at first singles 4-6, 7-6, 10-12. She is now 3-5 at first singles this season and 4-5 in total singles matches.
- Freshman Alexandra Jaksec won her second straight match in two sets 6-1, 6-0 to improve to 6-2 on the year at second singles.
- Sophomore Alena Matthew played a competitive match and took her opponent to three sets. Ultimately, Matthew was defeated 4-6, 7-5, 6-10 but the 17 games she won today is the most she has won in a singles match all season.
- Selzer and Jaksec won their second straight match at first doubles 8-2 to improve to 6-3 on the season as a duo
- Mroczkowski and her partner Junior Jazmyn Davis won their second doubles match 8-3. They have won three of there last four matchups together.
NEXT UP: La Roche closes out their conference schedule against Pitt Bradford this Friday, October 4th beginning at 5:00 p.m.