BUFFALO, Ny. - The men's soccer team dropped their first conference game of the season this afternoon at Dobson Field to D'Youville College 2-0. Today's game marks the fourth straight loss for La Roche and their 8th this season.
Final: La Roche: 0, D'Youville: 2
Records: La Roche (2-8, conf: 0-1), D'Youville (5-5 conf: 1-0)
- The Redhawks were only outshot 19-16 (11-8 in shot on goal) by the Spartans. It is the second most shots taken by La Roche in a single-game this season.
- Senior goalkeeper Austin Gorman (Ambridge, PA) made 9 saves in the contest, the second most he has made in a single game this season (10 saves vs Medaille on 9/21). Gorman currently ranks 3rd in the AMCC in total saves with 60.
- Sophomore forward Samuel Kamagate received a yellow and red card in the 19th and 25th minute's of the match. It is the first time he has ever been carded in 18 career appearances.
- D'Youville scored their first goal six minutes into the first half. They scored their second goal five minutes into the second half. Both goals were unassisted.
- Senior midfielder Firas Abduljawad led the Redhawks with 6 shots, his second most in a single game this season.
- Three Redhawks recorded two shots on goal in the contest (Abduljawad, Junior defender Chris Desser & Freshman defender Jake Gorman)
- Junior forward Kyle Harriett received his second yellow card this season in the 18th minute of the match.
- D'Youville received two yellow cards in the 19th and and 67th minutes of the match.
NEXT UP: The men's soccer team returns to the Baierl Sports Complex on Tuesday October 1st to take on Mt. Aloysius at 2:00 p.m.