WESTMINSTER Pa, - The Redhawks visited Westminster University tonight where they lost to the the Titans by a final score of 1-0 in the final non-conference game of 2019. The match was scoreless up until the 78th minute when Titan's Senior forward Peter Maddocks scored the first and only goal of the match. La Roche GK Austin Gorman made eight saves on the night, marking the fifth game this season where he has made five or more saves. After tonight's performance, Gorman is now ranked second in the AMCC in total saves (41).
The Redhawks were outshot by a total of 20-13 (9-5 in shots on goal). Junior forward Kyle Harriett recorded a shot on goal in the 88th minute, but was stopped by Titan GK Ezra Ciminio.
Score: La Roche: 0, Westminster: 1
Records: La Roche (2-6), Westminster (3-4)
- The Redhawks have gotten a majority of their offensive production at the Baierl Sports Complex where they have a 2-3 record this season
- In five games at home, they have recorded 29 points on 12 goals and 5 assists while taking 51 shots
- In three games on the road, they have 2 points on one goal while taking 26 shots
- Defensively, La Roche has allowed 11 goals at home (2.2 GAA) and 8 in road play (2.67 GAA)
- Away record: 0-3
- La Roche has allowed the second most goals in the AMCC this season (19) and recorded the most saves (54)
- 44 fouls and 4 yellow cards were committed between both teams (La Roche: 2 YC, 20 fouls | Westminster: 2 YC, 24 fouls)
- Tonight marks the first game of the season decided by a single goal
- The Redhawks have dropped four of their last five matches, three of which have been on the road
UP NEXT: The Redhawks begin their conference schedule at home this Saturday against Medaille starting at 2:00 p.m.
- FOLLOW HERE: La Roche vs Medaille LIVE STATS